I’m John di Stefano, and I’m here to teach you the skills you’ll need to be successful as an entrepreneur.
Imagine being able to manage your own career or start any project or business while knowing what to do and when, helping yourself and other people on the way? This is what you can achieve with my help.
Since 2014, I’ve helped hundreds of people develop the skills needed to create a successful business, career and life: they all had that belief that there is more to life than just waiting for your pension to kick-in. So, if that is you – you’ve come to the right place. Let’s start with what entrepreneurship is really about – and how this can change your life.
What is Entrepreneurship?
HERE'S MY DEFINITION
There are so many definitions of entrepreneurship. And yes – I’m aware of it being related mainly to starting a business. As an entrepreneur myself, I’ve been running my own businesses for over 30 years, but that is not what this website is about.
Entrepreneurship is about the mindset of an individual who takes actions towards a desirable future.
This is what we focus on at the Entrepreneur Academy, so that you can learn the skills and competences needed to create a successful future for yourself and others. It’s all about the skills that allow you to create a future that fits you.
In other words, we don’t just copy others, but we create our own and we know how.
Instead, we learn and practice the skills that allow us to develop our own way, explore new avenues and create something outstanding for ourselves and others.
We learn and practice now while continually growing towards our desired outcome.
I have applied these skills to create some amazing results in all areas of my life – including several businesses – while helping and supporting many people on my way. And, I’m still doing it today with no end in sight!
Unlike studying at university or college, there is no age limit or any other restrictions. All you need is the desire to change your life for the better and the willingness to put some effort into it.
Three Entrepreneurial Skill Groups
...AND WHAT TO EXPECT FROM EACH
In total we defined 15 core entrepreneurial skills divided into three main groups.
Ideas and opportunities:
- Spotting opportunities: use your imagination and abilities to identify opportunities for creating value
- Creativity: develop creative and purposeful ideas
- Vision: work towards your vision of the future
- Valuing ideas: make the most of your ideas and opportunities
- Ethical and sustainable thinking: assess the consequences and impact of ideas, opportunities and actions
- Mobilising resources: gather and manage the resources you need
- Motivation and perseverance: stay focused and don’t give up
- Self-awareness and self-efficacy: believe in yourself and keep developing
- Financial and economic literacy: develop financial and economic know-how
- Mobilising others: inspire, enthuse and get others on board
- Taking the initiative: go for it
- Planning and management: priorities, organise and follow-up
- Coping with ambiguity, uncertainty and risk: make decisions despite uncertainty, ambiguity and risk
- Working with others: team-up, collaborate and network
- Learning through experience: learn by doing
There is no specific order on where to start. The idea is to start with the skills you are most interested in. During your training you will learn how they all interact. It doesn’t mean you need to study and practice all of them before you feel comfortable on your entrepreneurial journey. You pick the skills that are most important for the stage you’re at and take it from there.
What Learning a Skill is NOT
MYTHBUSTING | EA STYLE
Let’s dispel some myths and set realistic expectations before we go any deeper.
- Learning new skills is NOT easy and takes a lot of hard work. Nothing in life comes easy. Learning a new skill and stepping out of your comfort zone is no different. Many conventional Internet marketeers will try to sell you a 1,2,3-type of programme, promising huge success. Why? Because they’re trying to make money from false hopes. I’m here to tell you the truth: being successful in anything is hard work. I’ll do my best to guide you by teaching you the basics to build on, but I can’t force you to take action; that’s up to you.
- Success does NOT happen overnight. I don’t live, teach, or believe in get-rich-quick schemes. All my successes in life or business have taken many years to develop and required lots of practice. There was nothing easy about it. But in relative terms, today I am so much better and faster to turn things into the right direction and into success. I had to start somewhere and sometime, so do you. Why not start today?
- Becoming successful is NOT impossible. Being successful in anything was just a dream for me in my 20s. That’s when I started and failed with my first businesses. I had no idea what it would take to make it and kept jumping into the deep-end, diving deep and struggling to get out. That’s when I realised that I needed a foundation I can trust and build on. Today, after hard work and with the help of many others, I succeeded. My life has changed a lot over this period and I want you to have the same success.
Turning Theory into Practice
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Now that you know what’s up, you have three options:
Option #1: You could do nothing. The truth is, when you do the same old things you’ve always been doing, you’re going to get the same old results – but I know you don’t want that, otherwise you wouldn’t be here on this website and you wouldn’t have reached this far down the page. This option is obviously not yours.
Option #2: You could keep searching for more information on the web. There’s a ton of information, good and bad, all over the place. But why would you continue searching? I’ve organised all the information you need to get started for you here on the Blogs, the Podcasts, the Videos and other resources I’ve created for you.
Option #3: You can take action now. You can do it right now with the free course I created called Build Your Own Success. I built it specifically for aspiring entrepreneurs – like you – to make it easy to figure out what your future is going to be and how to go about it. It’s an email course with weekly lessons and practical advice to get you started. It’s free to access right now, and it’ll show you just how easy learning for success can be, compared to what you may expect.
Imagine knowing what works for you and being able to test it out and learning new skills that move you to a different level. It will happen, but only if you get access to the course – and remember, it’s free. You have nothing to lose!
LEARN HOW TO GET STARTED
If you’re thinking about building your own business, but still at the beginning of your journey, don’t worry. I want to give you a free e-book, which you can download right now – no waiting! It’s a 30-page e-book, describing the journey towards building a successful business.
Building a successful business in any market isn’t exactly as simple as creating a product or service, spread a few ads and wait for the money to roll in.
It’s more like an elusive journey to a prime destination. Different people take different paths to get there with unique twists and turns along the way. Sometimes the journey is gruelling, difficult and frustrating. And, honestly, without a good foundation and lots of practice, most people never make it.
Although they may persist for years, the path they follow does not ultimately lead to their destination, so they travel in circles, beating the same broken path over and over again.
I’ll help you define your destination, develop the skills and a strategy that will lead you there, and point you to resources that will help you navigate the territory through which you travel:
The Land of Successful Entrepreneurs.
I Appreciate You!
THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE
I’m here for you as both a guide and as a friend.
I want to hear your stories. I want to know how else I can help you. I want the Entrepreneur Academy experience to be our experience, together. That’s how we all learn and grow together, including me.
I do my best to respond to emails. I treat everyone equally. And I firmly believe that I’m not special, just a normal guy who enjoys working hard and working smart. In everything I do here with the Entrepreneur Academy, I truly want you to become a successful entrepreneur.