Are you scared of starting your business? Are you worried it might not work out?
You are not alone. Statistically the one reason people don’t start their own business is because they are worried that they might fail and loose everything.
Should that really stop you and how should you deal with this?
Being worried usually happens when a great amount of factors are unknown. Depending on your personal situation you might need to have more certainty to insure that you can pay your rent or mortgage and that your family is covered.
If I could tell you how to solve this problem, would you start your own business?
Is there anything else that might stop you from going for it?
If so, what would that be?
This is like your first school day. Some children are really exited about all the new experiences they will have, all the new friends they will make and all the new things they will learn.
And some are scared of the new experiences, the unknown children they have to deal with, the new things they have to learn.
Can you see the difference between the two views?
Your success is very much based on your perspective of running your own business. If you can see the opportunities ahead, the freedom of running your own business, the excitement of meeting new people as customers or partners, you are on the right path.
The rest is just about learning the trade and all the things you don’t know. Once you know and practice your knowledge, your fear will just disappear.
The way to solve this problem is the following:
- Write down what you expect from your business and your life. What life would you like to live? What friends would you like to have? How should your family life be? What would your working life be like?
- Write down what you want to change in your current life. What could you change right now in your life? What would need to happen to make it perfect?
- Write down what you already know about your future business. Where are your talents? What are your skills? What excites you and puts a smile on your face?
- Write down what you need to learn about your future business. Which part would you love most? Where would you need help? What are other successful people in your business do and how?
- Make a list of all the people or organisations that might be able to help you with your future business. Who is already successful today in your future business you could work with? Who can help you overcome the hurdles on the way and you can trust to talk to?
As clearer you are with all of these points as less fearful you will be. You will start to have a plan and even if you might not have realised it yet, you’ve already started your new business 🙂
Welcome to the world of an entrepreneur