Why Resources are important
WHAT ARE RESOURCES?
Gathering and managing the resources you need
The material resources you will need depend very much on what you’re trying to achieve. Whatever it is you want to do, understanding how to get the resources you need is a very important factor for your success. In this section we focus on:
- Getting and managing the material, non-material and digital resources needed to turn ideas into action
- Making the most of limited resources.
- Getting and managing the competences needed at any stage, including technical, legal, tax and digital proficiencies
Staying focused and not giving up
Motivation & Perseverance
Many resources you’ll need are based on skills related to yourself. Being able to stay motivated and focus – even at difficult times – is just one of the vital resources towards your success. In this section we focus on:
- Being determined to turn ideas into action and satisfy your need to achieve
- Being prepared to be patient and keep trying to achieve your long-term individual or group aims
- Being resilient under pressure, adversity, and temporary failure
Believing in yourself and keep developing
Self-Awareness & Self-Efficacy
Further important personal resources are related to understanding yourself. Knowing yourself and what works for you can help you avoid going down the wrong path. In this section we focus on:
- Reflecting on your needs, aspirations and wants in the short, medium and long term
- Identifying and assessing your individual and group strengths and weaknesses
- Believing in your ability to influence the course of events, despite uncertainty, setbacks and temporary failures
Developing financial and economic know-how
Financial & Economic Literacy
Another important material resource is understanding the importance of finance and economy in today’s society and how this will impact your decisions and direction. In this section we focus on:
- Estimating the cost of turning an idea into a value-creating activity
- Planning, putting in place and evaluating financial decisions over time
- Managing finances to make sure your value-creating activity can last over the long term
Inspiring, enthusing and getting others on board
Most things we do in life are dependent on other people. Understanding the importance of inspiring others towards your ideas and getting them on board is one of the most important skills we all should excel in. In this section we focus on:
- Inspiring and enthusing relevant stakeholders
- Getting the support needed to achieve valuable outcomes
- Demonstrating effective communication, persuasion, negotiation and leadership
Find help from our Q&A Podcasts
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
I’m really excited that you’re ready to dive into entrepreneurship! Understanding the importance of learning the skills, what to look out for, and how to practice them is a major step and improvement for any entrepreneur, and I want you to be a great entrepreneur.
I know that when new to entrepreneurship, it’s likely you’ll have many questions. This is where our Q&A Podcasts can help you. Listeners, just like you, send through their questions – and I answer them.
Here are the most popular questions on entrepreneurship – and my answers! If you don’t see your topic here, then than send us your question to be answered in one of the next Q&A podcasts!